• The Passaic Police Department was established between 1870 and 1871
  • In 1875, The Police Department found a permanent home on Howe Avenue behind the municipal building, which also housed the Fire Department’s headquarters.
  • In 1923, on the site of the original Number 1 School (northeast corner of William Street and Passaic Street), a new Police Headquarters was erected with much fanfare.
  • In 1980, the current headquarters, in the City hall Municipal Complex, was occupied.

Photos were provided courtesy of Anne Collins.