Municipal Court

The Violations Bureau window is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM for payments of fines and posting bail.  Citizen complaints and inquires are also handled at the violations window.

Court Sessions

  • Monday - 9:00 am and 1:30 pm
  • Tuesday - 1:30 pm and 5:00 pm
  • Wednesday - Special sessions
  • Thursday - 9:00 am, 1:30 pm and 5:00 pm

In the event that you don't have access to a smart phone or a computer, a landline phone can be used.  

Zoom link information:

Meeting ID#:  466 000 3752
Password: Passaic 

How to Pay Court Assessments:

Payments can by made in person or you may in mail your payment. Payments can also be made through You must have the court ID (1607), the ticket number and the license plate number associated with the ticket. Criminal fines can also be paid through

An offense is not payable if Court Appearance Required appears on the ticket.  

Online Municipal Case Resolution

This new method allows for you resolve your matter without a virtual court hearing.   To check if your ticket is eligible please go to and enter your ticket information.

To dispute your ticket select 'Dispute Case' to begin the process.  You will be communicating directly  with the prosecutor.  All communications are via email After reviewing your ticket, the prosecutor will make  an offer of a   lesser charge or decline your request .If the lesser charge is accepted, the matter will be reviewed by a judge for approval.  If approved, the defendant does not need to make a court appearance. If the prosecutor declines to make an  offer of   a lesser charge or the judge does not accept the lesser offense, a hearing date is scheduled for the matter to be heard virtually

What's Plea by Mail?

Plea by mail forms can  be used to resolve traffic matters.   On the form you can plead guilty or not guilty by checking the box on the form.  With the plea by mail form you may also submit supporting documents for your matter. (For example, a receipt for paid parking).  The court will then review your Plea By Mail, along with your supporting document(s).

What should I do if I do not have my complaint or summons number for my ticket?

You can always call the Court to to obtain that information.  Please have your driver's license number and the license plate number  for your car available so that we  may assist you.  You can also obtain that information by going to


Mediation is a confidential, structured, non-adversarial process that allows a neutral third party to assist disputing parties in reaching a mutually acceptable solution.  The mediation process can be a less expensive, informal, and more meaningful alternative rather than the traditional court process. This is because of the efforts of trained volunteers and the resolution being decided by the participants. The court will refer appropriate cases to mediation.

Click on the link below to to download forms for Municipal Court use.  Select the self-help center at:


Honorable Jermias E Batista, Chief Judge
Honorable Jonathan Rosenbluth, Judge
Honorable Ronda Controneo, Judge

Sandra Henderson, Court Administrator, CMCA
Patricia Geosits, Deputy Court Administrator