- Departments N - Z
- Urban Enterprise Zone
- Small Business COVID Relief Grant Program
Passaic Main NPP District COVID Relief Grant Program
Small Business COVID Relief Grant Program-Phase 2
(For Small Businesses within the Main Avenue NPP District)
The City of Passaic through the NJ Neighborhood Preservation Program is excited to offer offer the Small Business COVID RELIEF GRANT PROGRAM PHASE 2 - opportunity to help support local small businesses businesses located in the Main Avenue NPP Area which have been adversely affected by the Coronavirus Pandemic.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Small Business owners with a physical location within the Main Avenue NPP District boundaries who have been adversely affected by the Covid-19 Pandemic. Business Owners will be eligible for up to $20,000 of grant funding for eligible costs described below.
Map of the Main Avenue NPP Business District
(Review map to see if you are in the NPP Boundary)
In addition to being located in the district your business must have:
- Been adversely affected by COVID 19 Social Distancing Measures or Stay at Home Order
(evidenced by any circumstance such as temporary closing, loss in sales, layoff of employees, etc.)
- Less than $5 million in gross receipts as of the most recent tax reporting year.
- Been fully operational as of March 17, 2020.
- Had at least two employees including the owner and no more than 100 employees as of March 17, 2020.
- Not received more that $50,000 from the NJ Economic Development Authority COVID Relief funding or funding from The NJ Redevelopment Authority or NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development (excluding unemployment compensation).
The program is designed to reimburse paid and fund unpaid costs associated with operational interruption due to the pandemic beginning March 1, 2020. Eligible items include: Commercial rent and mortgage payments and/or paid or unpaid utilities costs the period March 1 through December 31, 2020.
HOW TO APPLY - APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH JANUARY 13, 2021 or earlier if funds are committed prior to that date.
Complete the PASSAIC MAIN AVENUE NPP ONLINE APPLICATION-Phase 2 .
The program is fully subscribed and not accepting applications.
Please check back periodically for any changes,
Submit the application and ALL supporting documents using this form and someone will contact you within 5 business days. For questions please contact NPPGrant@cityofpassaicnj.gov.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN UPLOADED BELOW:
Required Supporting Documents
1. A copy of a current, signed and executed lease agreement with your landlord clearly showing 2020 monthly rent amounts. If you own a copy of latest mortgage statement. Unless previously submitted in Round 1.
2. A filled out, signed and dated W-9 form.
Download form here: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
3. Proof of Payment of operations expenses reimbursement requested under this program that have not been reimbursed through other federal, state or county CARES funded relief programs including invoices and cancelled check of payment.
4. Proof of outstanding unpaid bills for which payment is requested under this program that have not been reimbursed through other federal, state or county CARES funded relief programs including invoices and cancelled check of payment.
5. For any State funding other than NPP already received a statement on the program source, amount of funding, and documentation on the expenses already reimbursed under that program to assure that the NPP Funds are not used for expenses already reimbursed through other programs.