COMPUTER SERVICE TECHNICIAN
COMPUTER SERVICE TECHNICIAN - PASSAIC CITY. Full-Time.
- Repairs, services and maintains computer system equipment and related peripheral devices.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots and effects repairs on all personal computers and communications.
- Assembles and/or configures and tests desktops / laptops / servers.
- Performs preventive maintenance duties such as cleaning, replacing components, software/OS/security updates.
- Assists in maintenance of all IT related equipment/license inventories.
- Prepares paperwork to order new parts, supplies and equipment as required and conforms to City of Passaic’s documentation standards.
- Assist in digital reporting or printing of any kind where related to databases and systems that IT has access.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and maintenance of multi-network, multi-user Local Area Networks (LAN) and/or Wide Area Networks (WAN), maintenance of centralized, decentralized and remote network services, network security, data integrity, network performance monitoring, network problems resolution, and user support.
- May install all communication and peripheral computer equipment, connect or prepare relevant wiring.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerized information systems used by the municipality.
- Provide remote help desk support over phone where possible.
- Carry and answer a company cell phone for urgent matters based on employee availability.
- Does other related work as IT Division’s responsibilities require.
Must possess valid NJ Driver’s License in good standing. Must pass a criminal background check for Criminal Justice Information Services compliance. Starting Salary $38,000. An excellent first step in IT graduates looking to start their career and need experience. Technical certifications or degrees accepted in lieu of technical experience. All applicants subject to personal interview by standing IT manager for final evaluation. Send cover letter and resume by closing date of September 19th, 2021 to Personnel Clerk, Judith Sanchez, firstname.lastname@example.org. CSC regulations apply; ADA; EOE.